Truth about the Koch Brothers.
Answer by Lenny Grover:
Because they are! It has nothing to do with their opinions; it has to do with their utter lack of character and integrity. Here are just a few facts about the Koch brothers that most people are not aware of:
1) They were exposed more than two decades ago as liars and thieves:
"Koch Oil, the largest purchaser of Indian oil in the country, was engaged in a widespread and sophisticated scheme to steal crude oil from Indians and others through fraudulent mismeasuring and reporting. The Committee sent its investigators into the field to conduct covert surveillance and caught Koch stealing from Indians on six separate occasions. By further investigation, the Committee determined that Koch was engaged in systematic theft, stealing millions in Oklahoma alone."
— Senate Report 101-216, A REPORT OF THE SPECIAL COMMITTEE ON INVESTIGATIONS OF THE SELECT COMMITTEE ON INDIAN AFFAIRS
Elsewhere in the report, it indicates that:
"As recently as February 1989, a California-based oil company, Anacora-Verde, broke off business relations with Koch and now finds that its new purchaser, Enron, measures substantially more oil from the exact same tanks."
Yes, ENRON WAS REPORTEDLY MORE HONEST (WITH OIL MEASUREMENT) THAN KOCH OIL!
2) Their company, Koch Industries, was found "guilty of negligence and malice" in the death of two Texas teenagers; "Federal investigators blamed the explosion [that killed them] on Koch’s failure to adequately protect the line."
3) "Koch and/or Koch Companies were convicted of felonies in state or federal court on three occasions" (which they failed to properly disclose on an official FCC application form).
4) Koch Industries was responsible for 300 oil spills, which "resulted in more than three million gallons of crude oil leaking into ponds, lakes, streams and coastal waters." For this, they received the largest EPA fine ever levied up to that time.
(This is more than 1/4 of the magnitude of the widely publicized Exxon Valdez spill,)
5) One of the political front groups they fund took a case to the Supreme Court, in which they argued that there is a Constitutional right to knowingly LIE in a political ad.
6) Far from being intellectually honest proponents of their stated political philosophy, they are unapologetic hypocrites, loyal only to their own financial interests.
7) They are arguably the largest supporter of front groups that spread misinformation and doubt in the course of opposing action on climate change.
Ask yourselves: Are the Koch brothers the types of people that are deserving of your respect, admiration, and/or trust? Or, are they unethical, immoral, (and, yes, even evil) people who happen to have inherited a lot of money?