Worldwide known cyber security company CrowdStrike announced that the Democratic National Committee (DNC) servers had been hacked by “sophisticated” hacker groups. I’m very pleas…
What’s the biggest mistake that you made as a parent? by Amy Mills https://www.quora.com/Whats-the-biggest-mistake-that-you-made-as-a-parent/answers/65232390?share=91ba57f9&srid=X0qr
Question on @Quora: What are your thoughts on the quote “Monsters exist, but they are too few in number to be truly… https://www.quora.com/What-are-your-thoughts-on-the-quote-Monsters-exist-but-they-are-too-few-in-number-to-be-truly-dangerous-More-dangerous-are-the-common-men-the-functionaries-ready-to-believe-and-to-act-without-asking-questions-by-Primo-Levi?share=8ea1e871&srid=X0qr
What are your thoughts on the quote “Monsters exist, but they are too few in number to be truly dangerous. More dangerous are the common men, the functionaries ready to believe and to act without asking questions.” by Primo Levi?
My thoughts on this are as follows:
This passage should be a required deep ponder for everyone in any branch of US or State government as it is the very foundation of why Section 3 of the 14th Amendment was put in place.
It would also serve society for religious folks to take that same deep ponder to heart…
27,000 victims in the US alone yet just 2 priests and ONE CYA bishop ever went to prison.
And it’s world wide policy too…
I love this article on atheism.
There’s a Question I was asked to answer on Quora:
What’s the ratio of guns to people in the USA and in other countries around the world?
Let’s clarify here a bit so as to side-step any Lying By Statistics (which just happens to be something our mainstream “news” media is absolutely EXPERT with)…
Are we asking how many guns per capita, or are we asking what percentage of US families own guns? These are two completely different questions and they each have completely different implications for the answer.
If it’s the former Question of “How many guns per capita are owned by people in the USA” then Alix Lane’s answer is correct. There’s a whole shit ton of them relative to other nations ratios. While this information has some utility in the background of the discussion on what we should do about mass shootings, it’s also a bit misleading. I’m sure this isn’t intentional, but it’s still misleading.
Let’s look at something which is a bit more indicative of gun ownership patterns in the US…
Lets look at the ratio of families who own guns as it changes OVER TIME. More specifically; let’s look at the percentage of families who own/ed guns during the same time period where the frequency and severity of these mass shootings increased to become a national problem which needs to be dealt with…
Do y’all see what I’m seeing here?
Yup… that’s right folks! From my childhood in the 1960s when these mass shootings were practically non existent and the percentage of US families who owned guns was above 47%, until 2014 when we decided we need to “Do Something about the every other month mass shootings” there was a DROP in the percentage of families owning guns of 16% which left the percentage of families who owned guns at around 31%.
Now, knowing this fact… which I lived by the way.. can we honestly say that guns are the problem? Or is it just possible that our government dumping desperate folks on their asses might be more of a proximate cause here?
Does anyone recall Ronnie Ray Gun closing the mental hospitals rather than making ANY attempt to reform their horrendous abuses?
Does anyone recall the Clintons helping by shifting the responsibility for our federal welfare programs to the States and then progressively leaving the reimbursement funding for that unfunded mandate to stagnate into uselessness.. or the Republican Shitweasles actually cutting those payments do they could fund tax breaks for their corporate fascist bribers?
And… isn’t it “odd” that our ENTIRE mainstream ”news” media just flat refuses to talk about any of this history as being a part of the problem, much less talk about it as a Root Cause? Oh, sure… they’re perfectly happy to point the finger at the individuals shooting up schools and concerts as nutters, but have you honestly EVER seen even one of these SOBS talk about why these folks are hopeless, or how our “Health Care” system flat dumps them on their asses to starve or not, as luck allows? Nope.
I know what I think. I’ll let you ponder these facts a bit and ask yourself some really hard, ugly, questions about who profited from this shit which BOTH sets of Party Brass caused at our expense.
Hint: They ain’t, none of em D or R, working for Us.
Haven’t been for well over 40 years now.
Call me cynical, but Quora has been talking for quite a while now about how to effectively monetize the platform.
It wouldn’t surprise me to see this post “vanish” or get collapsed by downvotes/moderation/Bots, so I’m gonna copy the whole thing to fixerguy’s Blog and publish it there first.
I’d be willing to bet that the folks sending out these “news” stories and other such links are paying Quora for allowing access to us and our eyeballs… all umpy-million of us, neatly parsed and sorted into interest groups by the topics we follow and the answers we write.
They may well start doing the same in reverse with our answers fairly soon as well, by selling access to us and our answers to news outlets and other media. Doubt me? Y’all might go review that TOS you checked off as agreeing to but didn’t actually read or understand it.
What I find very interesting here is that I tried numerous ways to copy this wording so I could discuss it in-line and annotate it for that discussion. Even though I use Firefox with a “universal text copy” add in, I couldn’t even select any part of it. This is the first place I’ve run across that… the implications are a bit alarming. That said, I’m a country boy, and there are many, MANY, ways to skin any given cat…
Now I’m sure that most here are reasonably smart folks, but let’s take a closer look at that agreement y’all said oke doke to without reading it..
See that nasty little fucker in parentheses in the very first paragraph?
(with the right to sublicense)
Yes, that harmless sounding little fucker is actually a baby Black mamba … Now I know what you’re thinking here “What the ELF* is sublicense, and how in the ELF could it run up behind me and bite me in the ass?” (*EverLovinFuck)
n. A license giving rights of production or marketing of products or services to a person or company that is not the primary holder of such rights.
Well folks, the word production here isn’t really a problem as it just means they get to put anything you post out there in the world… but “marketing your content” = Selling It For Their Profit… without paying you a single stinking dime.
Y’all: Oh, but Quora is one of the white hats! They wouldn’t do such Eevil nasty things like Google does, would they?!!
Me: *SNORT LAUGHING* Lay off that ‘shine and smoke son! It’s messing with your mind! Take a hard look at the last sentence in that second paragraph.
(Emphasis on the ELF is mine)
Such additional uses by Quora or others may be made with no compensation paid to you with respect to the content that you submit, post, transmit or otherwise make available through the service
Me: Yea, they absolutely would, and if you’d read the damned thing, they flat told you they would right up front in the first two paragraphs. Not only that but they told you they’ll sell it to others without paying you a single stinking dime.
And, because you checked that little old harmless looking little Black mamba box saying “I Agree” there’s not a damned thing you can do about it.
Now, on one level I can’t really fault them because, quite literally, every online service does this. Google was the first and they did it right before they removed the word “Don’t” from their Don’t Be Evil motto. On another level this is just one more bit of evidence that we live in s world completely governed by a corporate fascist owned Kleptocracy.
Even more interesting is the amendment for official government users…
Why couldn’t the pro gun camp and the anti gun camp sit down and hash out a plan that finds a livable compromise?
*Sigh* Here we go again! *Tightens Belt* *Slips lock on Asshole Man’s cage*
TL;DR Because no one in politics or in big business wants us to have any real discussion across Party Lines.
There’s several reasons…
- We’ve BEEN there and DONE that. The Brady Bill, the false flag “Assault” Weapons Bans. Etc, etc, ad nauseaum. Every last one of these attacks guns as the exclusive “problem” when the core problem is that we have millions of folks who are literally, pathologically, fucking delusional, and we have ZERO effective treatment options for them which can be mandated, short of warehousing them, completely untreated, in a criminal, for profit prison. (This is thanks to Reagan and every POTUS since!)
- Our ENTIRE mainstream “news” media is, and has been Gaslighting us all for decades by focusing entirely on “Scary Gunz!!” and carefully refusing to talk about Fact #1 at any length.
- Because of this Gaslighting by MSM and by BOTH sets of Politicians, our conversation has been effectively limited to just 2 non-viable options: A) Ban all guns B) Pry them out of my cold dead hand.
- Neither of these “options” even addresses the real problem of mental illness v guns. That’s intentional. Now ask: “Who Profits from this shit?!”
- There is currently ZERO way for a legitimate gun owner who’s selling a weapon to reasonably and easily tell if a prospective buyer is Competent to own weapons (ie: Trained, able to secure those weapons, Not mentally ill, not legally incompetent, etc) without involving the Federal Government… which government seems to want to be able to track ownership of guns.
- Legislators do not want to address the complete lack of effective mental health treatment because that would be expensive for the insurance mafia (whom they’re bribed by) and the gun lobby (who ALSO bribe politicians) is afraid it might cut gun sales.
- Worse, Any effective solution would end this intentionally limited 2 option “debate” amongst Citizens of the Left and Right being used by them to distract us ALL from the fact that NEITHER PARTY actually works for Citizens. Or the Constitution. Or the Nation.
- “2″ Partys, 1 Hog Trough.
- There is a way which will work by setting up a State level licensure program which doesn’t track ownership of weapons but does track Training, and Legal Competence to use or own a weapon. Sanity around weapons
- No one in power will support this, and the media won’t even talk about similar proposals for the reasons enumerated above and below. Lets see what else MSM won’t talk about at any length.. Project Censored – The News that Didn’t Make the News and Why
Who profits from this shit?!
- Politicians get a handy dandy stalking horse to distract Us from the fact that they’re NOT working for Us. At all. On any level.
- The Gun Lobby gets to report increased sales to their owners as conservatives buy more guns and ammunition so that if a grab does come they’ll still have some options.
- The Democratic Party gets to look and sound “pretty” to their constituents because they get to LOUDLY advocate for limits on Constitutionally Protected gun ownership, but ONLY when they’re in no position to actually DO ANYTHING.
- Note carefully the Democrats’ dead silence on Patriot, PPACA, +$4 Trillion in Wars for Profit, the Bankers Bailout Fraud, the Bankers systemic reverse derivatives fraud which CAUSED the ’08 global meltdown, NAFTA, TISA, Gun Control, Cops murdering Citizens, the false flag drug war, Banksters stealing homes with the Rocket Docket and forged documents, RICO for banksters, etc during the entire 9 months that Obama had a veto proof majority of Democrats in both houses of Congress. Yea… those fuckers.
- The Republicans get to look “pretty” to their constituents by advocating gun ownership, using Tax cuts to benefit only the wealthy while Gaslighting us that a Main St business paying 40% = Multinational Corporations paying 12.6%… etc.GAO: U.S. corporations pay average effective tax rate of 12.6%
- The Federal Firearms Licensees profit because more and more the ONLY way the vast majority of gun owners can be sure they’re not selling to a criminal or a nutter is to “broker” the deal through an FFL… for a fee or a % of the sale.
- The State and Federal government profit because they don’t have to pay for mental health facilities and can simply imprison non-compliant people
- The private for profit prison companies profit because they get to sell the labor of prisoners at a massive profit while paying lessentially than slave wages if they pay antrying at all. 21st-Century Slaves: How Corporations Exploit Prison Labor
- The medical mafia and big Pharma profit because all the liberal fear of “gunz” sell LOTS of antidepressant pills Psychiatric Drugs Are False Prophets With Big Profits
Can American policemen really shoot a person at will? by Kris Rosvold https://www.quora.com/Can-American-policemen-really-shoot-a-person-at-will/answer/Kris-Rosvold-1?share=a707d658&srid=X0qr